News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

5 bottles of cheap champagne.

Started by Miss Molly, December 31, 2005, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miss Molly

That's how much I'm going to drink tonight.  All. By. Myself.

2 bottles of Andre Spumante.
1 bottle of Bellatore Red Spumante.
1 bottle of Tosti Asti.
For midnight, 1 bottle of Martini & Rossi Asti. 

Actually, make that 1 bottle of Andre.  I already sucked one down.

How much are you guys drinking?

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

I have a bottle and a half of bourbon and a bottle of wine. I don't think I am going to drink all the bourbon, though because I like to make a bottle last a whole week. That and the last time I drank a whole bottle, I wound up posting about 20 posts of abuse here and in other forums.

Jessie

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on December 31, 2005, 09:48:37 PM
I have a bottle and a half of bourbon and a bottle of wine. I don't think I am going to drink all the bourbon, though because I like to make a bottle last a whole week. That and the last time I drank a whole bottle, I wound up posting about 20 posts of abuse here and in other forums.

DO IT.  You can be abusive here and I can take out my frustrations on you.  Win - win situation!

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2005, 09:53:33 PM

DO IT.  You can be abusive here and I can take out my frustrations on you.  Win - win situation!

HAHA, that's ok. The last time I did it, I wound up pissing off a TFer right before she became a mod. Like the freakin' day before she became a mod.

Jessie

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on December 31, 2005, 10:20:51 PM

HAHA, that's ok. The last time I did it, I wound up pissing off a TFer right before she became a mod. Like the freakin' day before she became a mod.
haha dummy.

If it makes you feel better, Timothy's screaming like a school girl because Keith Urban is on tv.

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2005, 10:31:34 PM

haha dummy.

If it makes you feel better, Timothy's screaming like a school girl because Keith Urban is on tv.

Is Keith Urban some kind of God figurehead for the pre-teen set?

Jessie

Quote from: Sockmonkeyholocaust on December 31, 2005, 11:26:28 PM
Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2005, 10:31:34 PM

haha dummy.

Is Keith Urban some kind of God figurehead for the pre-teen set?

I don't know why Timothy has such a crush on him, but he loves him.  I like looking at him, Timothy likes his music.

Jessie

Gamplayerx

Wait. What the hell rotgut are you drinking?  Andre Spumanti?!?  Is that even worse than that "celebrate life" crap?

Happy New Year, Jessie!

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 31, 2005, 11:40:32 PM
Wait. What the hell rotgut are you drinking?  Andre Spumanti?!?  Is that even worse than that "celebrate life" crap?

Happy New Year, Jessie!

Where've you been all night?

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on December 31, 2005, 11:42:55 PM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 31, 2005, 11:40:32 PM
Wait. What the hell rotgut are you drinking?  Andre Spumanti?!?  Is that even worse than that "celebrate life" crap?

Happy New Year, Jessie!

Where've you been all night?
I've been doin stuff.  But I'm here now.  Happy 14 minutes until New Years!

ReBurn

I had half a bottle of root beer.  I went wild.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Miss Molly

No way.  Andre Spumante is like the BEST cheap champagne EVAR.  Cheap as hell and gets the job done.  Sadly, it's 45 past midnight and I'm not even halfway through with the Martini & Rossi.  Some heartburn set me back. 

But I'm truckin.

This has been an extremely anti-climactic NYE.  2006 is gonna suck, I can feel it now.

Mr. Ubiquity

keep drinking....  either the bottle or 2006 will be over soon
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Jessie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 01, 2006, 01:55:16 AM
What time zone are you in?

dazie

I had half a glass of wine punch.  (yuck) and a sip of champagne at midnight (yuck)

Why do I have a headache??
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 02:14:55 AM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 01, 2006, 01:55:16 AM
What time zone are you in?

my own. i find that things are much easier that way.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

meredith

a whisky-and-port ("Port Authority".  I couldn't taste the port at all.) and a whisky-and-ginger ale

we were out at a place with live music last night, but decided to bail early.  we were making cookies together at midnight. :)

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: hattmoward on January 01, 2006, 10:58:04 AM
a whisky-and-port ("Port Authority".  I couldn't taste the port at all.) and a whisky-and-ginger ale

we were out at a place with live music last night, but decided to bail early.  we were making cookies together at midnight. :)

what kind of cookies?  missionary? wheelbarrow?  lotus?

swolt

I went all out balls to the wall crazy on some nyquill
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Jessie

Quote from: swolt on January 01, 2006, 11:31:57 AM
I went all out balls to the wall crazy on some nyquill

That's nothing.  I ate a bunch of M&M cookies that Jason left here and chatted with Reburn on AIM til like 3am.  Crazy!!  Crazy, I tell you!

Gamplayerx

Champagne kicked my butt.  I'm hurting.

Jessie

SockmonkeyHolocaust

Quote from: Jessie on January 01, 2006, 12:52:03 PM
Champagne is icky.

I like champagne because it's a wonderful prop if you are downing a bottle by yourself. It's wonderful to gesture with and a bottle just gets me buzzed and not wasted.

It's almost as good as a flower vase filled with gin and gingerale.

Gamplayerx

We drank half a bottle between the two of us.  Glad it was fairly inexpensive.  What can you do with leftover champagne?

Infobahn

BigDun

I've got some Orange Juice and Tripple Sec if you need some.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Gamplayerx

I'm sorry.  I should've specified.  What can you do with leftover champagne that you left sitting out all night?

Jessie

Gamplayerx

Infobahn

dazie

I made chocolate fondue.  It was really REALLY good.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Champagne makes me giggly and slightly, um "happy".  Not as much as sangria, but close.

cnamon

Cheap champagne gives me headaches.  I went to some Irish bar with Jeff and some neighbors.  We had a great time.  My hair was bouncy and fabulous.

The midnight champagne was cheap, so I took a sip and went back to mu Malibu and Coke.

ReBurn

Quote from: dazie on January 01, 2006, 09:41:42 PM
I made chocolate fondue.  It was really REALLY good.
Do you have one of those chocolate fountains?  They look really cool, but not all that useful for everyday life.

I had some sparkling grape juice.

meredith

Quote from: Alice on January 03, 2006, 10:31:15 AM
Champagne makes me giggly and slightly, um "happy".  Not as much as sangria, but close.

* hattmoward writes something down on a notepad

ReBurn

Quote from: hattmoward on January 03, 2006, 10:48:39 AM

* hattmoward writes something down on a notepad and buys stock in sangria

nishi

Quote from: Gamplayerx on January 01, 2006, 07:49:03 PM
I'm sorry.  I should've specified.  What can you do with leftover champagne that you left sitting out all night?

for future reference, you can put it back in the refrigerator and then make mimosas. unlike other wines, champagne doesn't have to be corked. the only reason i'd make mimosas with that particular bottle instead of drinking it would be the lack of refrigeration - i have no idea what that might do to the flavor. but it's not going to go over or anything.

<<Champagne (and other world sparkling wines made by a similar process) will keep surprisingly well for a day or two under refrigeration with no protection at all, not even recorking or a special stopper. Why? Simple enough. The bubbles in sparkling wine are carbon dioxide (CO2), a gas that's both inert and heavy. Within minutes after you pop the cork, CO2 forms a protective blanket on top of the wine, more than adequate to forestall oxidation and hold much of the remaining carbonation in liquid form, especially under refrigeration.>>

so, you can even keep pretty expensive champagne uncorked in the fridge until the next day or two. i adore champagne and do this often, since i can only pull off the SMH gesturing with the champagne thing every once in a while without hurting myself.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

Quote from: nishi on January 03, 2006, 01:36:19 PM
Champagne makes me giggly and slightly, um "happy".

seconded.

let me amend that, as i don't really achieve "giggly". "in a better mood than usual" would be accurate, i think.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: nishi on January 03, 2006, 01:35:52 PM

for future reference, you can put it back in the refrigerator and then make mimosas. unlike other wines, champagne doesn't have to be corked. the only reason i'd make mimosas with that particular bottle instead of drinking it would be the lack of refrigeration - i have no idea what that might do to the flavor. but it's not going to go over or anything.

<<Champagne (and other world sparkling wines made by a similar process) will keep surprisingly well for a day or two under refrigeration with no protection at all, not even recorking or a special stopper. Why? Simple enough. The bubbles in sparkling wine are carbon dioxide (CO2), a gas that's both inert and heavy. Within minutes after you pop the cork, CO2 forms a protective blanket on top of the wine, more than adequate to forestall oxidation and hold much of the remaining carbonation in liquid form, especially under refrigeration.>>

so, you can even keep pretty expensive champagne uncorked in the fridge until the next day or two. i adore champagne and do this often, since i can only pull off the SMH gesturing with the champagne thing every once in a while without hurting myself.

*ZZZZZZZZZ*  SNORE  *ZZZZZZZZ.*

is science class done yet?

nishi

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 01:50:09 PM

i don't get paid enough to be entertaining, jessie.....
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

cnamon

Quote from: nishi on January 03, 2006, 01:55:49 PM

I heart you Nishi.

Mr. Ubiquity

*ZZZZZZZZZ*  SNORE  *ZZZZZZZZ.*      yawn,   what?   

nishi

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 02:19:08 PM

you have a hard life.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: nishi on January 03, 2006, 02:29:22 PM

you have a hard life.

please enlighten me as to what respect..

ReBurn

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 03:34:47 PM

you have a hard life.

please sir, may I have another?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ReBurn on January 03, 2006, 03:46:10 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 03, 2006, 03:34:47 PM

you have a hard life.

please sir, may I have another?

"line 'em up!!"

Jessie

This could really get interesting.

Gamplayerx

Once again, things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!

Good to know, Nishi.  Thanks!!