News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

BBQ

Started by cnamon, July 18, 2005, 10:22:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

I am seriously craving some pulled BBQ chicken.  BigDun, do you think you could hook a sister up?

I wanted some yesterday, but I didn't want to leave the house.  And I couldn't get through to the BBQ place that delivers.

Oh, and those bastards from Boston Market don't deliver to my house either.  I was heart broken.

Beefy

I've never been much of a BBQ person.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

Quote from: Beefy on July 18, 2005, 10:23:50 AM
I've never been much of a BBQ person.
Me either.  But I really wanted some yesterday.  I think that craving overtook the bagel craving.  I never got that either :(

dazie

The BEST part about living in Nevada was the Rib Cookoff on Labor Day weekend.  They'd shut down downtown Sparks and set up booths for BBQ joints from all over the world to come and compete.  *swoon*

Now that I live near KC, I figure I'll do ok too. 

:oink: :rock:

Swine rocks.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

Go to work with me tonight.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

Dixie Bones is the best BBQ in the NoVA/DC/MD area.  It's just south of Lorton on Occuquan rd.  Check it out.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

cnamon

I don't do swine.  PORK IS AWFUL!

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

BigDun

If you don't do pork then you are out of luck. Memphis BBQ is all about the pig.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Jessie

BBQ pork is the only way to do BBQ.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Quote from: BigDun on July 18, 2005, 10:34:02 AM
If you don't do pork then you are out of luck. Memphis BBQ is all about the pig.
:drool:
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Quote from: Jessie on July 18, 2005, 10:35:30 AM
BBQ pork is the only way to do BBQ.

"If it ain't piglet, I don't diglet..." -- Neshura

cnamon

I guess I will have to go to the BBQ place after work.  I also want some beef brisket.

http://www.capitalqbbq.com/index.html

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on July 18, 2005, 10:53:23 AM
I guess I will have to go to the BBQ place after work.  I also want some beef brisket.

http://www.capitalqbbq.com/index.html

All you have to do is ask, baby.

DownSouth

I didn't care for BBQ until a few years ago.  Now SOOOOOEEEEEEE
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

meredith

BBQ is awesome.  I've never had brisket, I'll have to find out where on the animal it comes from.  Definitely prefer pork.

I never eat BBQ with my hands though, I always use a knife and a fork or two forks to attack it.  My own grandmother basically called me a pussy because I didn't eat ribs with my hands. :)

Bishamonten

Quote from: hattmoward on July 18, 2005, 03:29:04 PM
BBQ is awesome.  I've never had brisket, I'll have to find out where on the animal it comes from.  Definitely prefer pork.

It's the front part of the breast.

DownSouth

If you ever get the chance to go to a pig pickin'(Gotta love the south), go.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bishamonten

If we have a DC event we should certainly make a quick jump down to Dixie Bones for some great BBQ. 

meredith

Quote from: Bishamonten on July 18, 2005, 03:43:07 PM
If we have a DC event we should certainly make a quick jump down to Dixie Bones for some great BBQ. 

yes yes

Gamplayerx

hatt has just informed me that he's never had blue crab.

cnamon

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 18, 2005, 03:48:24 PM
You know what, I don't think I have ever had blue crab.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Gamplayerx on July 18, 2005, 03:48:24 PM

Hatt had never had thai food before he last came down.  It wasn't a wholly successful outing, but at least he had some exposure.  I could go for some crab, however, I don't particularly want to break out in Hives again.  On the other hand it would be a great way to find out if I'm allergic to crab...