News:

Speaking as a chick, I just can't get enough of the wang bone.

Main Menu

Idlewild

Started by Alice, August 23, 2006, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

http://imdb.com/title/tt0417225/

I actually REALLY want to see this.  I think we will be on Friday.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on August 23, 2006, 03:52:28 PM
http://imdb.com/title/tt0417225/

I actually REALLY want to see this.  I think we will be on Friday.
Me too, on the first part.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

I want to see this, too.

Gamplayerx

I've never heard of that.

Alice

I really, really, really, liked this.

However, you have to go into it with two things in mind.

A.  You have to be an OutKast fan - otherwise you probably won't like it.
B.  You have to realize it's like Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.  If you think of it as more of a string of music videos to show off their music, you'll like it.  If you think of it as a movie with music in it, you probably won't.  It has some very cliche moments but doesn't try to hide it.  They show a set up to a scene that you KNOW how it's going to play out - cuz it does that in like every other movie... but they don't try to make you sit and wonder what's going to happen.  They know you know, so they move right on to it.

For example:  Rooster (Big Boi's character) helps an old woman out.  In return, she gives him a Bible and tells him to make sure he has it on him at all times.  Then he sticks it in his front pocket.  Well when he gets shot, he doesn't lay there and they don't make you sit and wait and insult your intelligence for 5 minutes hoping you think he's dead.  He gets shot and right away they zoom into the bullet in the Bible.  And for some reason to me, that kind of made the cliche okay. 

If you really like OutKast, spend the $$$ on seeing it in the theater.  If you think they're just okay - wait to rent it.  If you already have a crush on Andre 3000, this will make it grow so much - I'm willing to bet that he officially ranks in the top 5 sexiest men to ever walk the face of the Earth.  Mmmm...

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on August 27, 2006, 11:11:27 PM
If you already have a crush on Andre 3000, this will make it grow so much - I'm willing to bet that he officially ranks in the top 5 sexiest men to ever walk the face of the Earth.  Mmmm...
Has Google let me down or are you actually talking about the mole face guy?

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 04, 2006, 08:57:57 AM
If you already have a crush on Andre 3000, this will make it grow so much - I'm willing to bet that he officially ranks in the top 5 sexiest men to ever walk the face of the Earth.  Mmmm...
that's the guy.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on September 05, 2006, 09:47:09 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on September 04, 2006, 08:57:57 AM
that's the guy.
Yes he is.  And he's hot.