News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Charlie & The Chocolate Factory game

Started by Listener, August 30, 2005, 11:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

It's exactly the same as every other over-the-shoulder adventure game.  But even on the PS2 there's a hell of a fade/fog effect on items in the far distance.

My wife seems to like it, but I can't even watch it for more than 5 minutes without getting nauseous (I have a problem with 3D over the shoulder adventure games; something about frame rate).

Still, a waste of money and not a very good tie-in product.

ignom

I saw it for about five seconds at Wal-Mart on one of their screens. My reaction was "they made a game out of that?"
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

Quote from: ignom on August 30, 2005, 11:31:33 AM
I saw it for about five seconds at Wal-Mart on one of their screens. My reaction was "they made a game out of that?"

They can make a game out of ANYTHING.  It's the same gaming engine with different graphics, items, commands, and so forth.  The camera angles still suck, the quests are still lame, and the tie-ins just don't tie in.  And the story usually blows.

Gamplayerx

I was hoping this was gonna be an online clicky game.