News:

3/7/05 Board opens.

Main Menu

Comcast VOIP

Started by Listener, January 03, 2006, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Anyone use it?  Opinions?  It would save me $20 per month on my local phone bill if I used it.

Bishamonten

Don't have a house phone.  I stick with cell phones and Skype for VOIP needs. 

Bishamonten

Quote from: Bishamonten on January 03, 2006, 05:59:49 PM
Don't have a house phone.  I stick with cell phones and Skype for VOIP needs. 

This message brought to you from the "Useless Information Agency.  UIA, making life more boring."

Listener

I usually use my cell, too.  But my wife likes having a home phone.

I just checked, and comcast VOIP isn't available in my area yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.  Since we're already comcast customers (cable and internet) we could get a package deal.

ReBurn

I'm thinking of getting Time Warner's VOIP service.  Since I already have cable and internet access from them it will only cost me another $40 per month.  As opposed to the $90 I pay for MCI's $63.99 per month plan.  I figure I stand to save $40 or so, but I can't find anyone that uses it to know if it is worth a crap.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

I think Nishi uses VOIP.

ReBurn

After my wife said we weren't going to do it, I've decided that we aren't going to do it.  Something about relying on the cable company's track record of reliability for 911 service.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

sapphirehart

Quote from: ReBurn on January 23, 2006, 09:48:48 PM
After my wife said we weren't going to do it, I've decided that we aren't going to do it.

That made me snort.

Mr. Ubiquity

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"