News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

For my dear sweet Alice

Started by cnamon, May 17, 2005, 03:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

Boba Fett was on live chat on the Washington Post NOW.  If I'd known sooner, I would have clued you in.

Here is part of the transcript:

Charlottesville, Va.: Jeremy,

Thanks for chatting with us. Did you ever give Temuera Morrison any advice on portraying Jango Fett based on your experience playing Boba?

Jeremy Bulloch: Hi There
No I didn't give Tem any advice but it was great meeting up with him recently

Falls Church, Va.: To what do you attribute the massive popularity of a character who has a grand total of four lines of dialogue in one film and a scream in the other?

Jeremy Bulloch: The popularity can only come from the great costume that Boba wore and the way he can answer Darth Vader back

Richmond, Va.: It's an honor to be able to write you.

I enjoyed your character in TESB; however, was disappointed at so-so death of Boba Fett in ROTJ. I had wanted Boba Fett to go out in a tooth and nail battle!

Any feedback? And by the way... you still had the coolest costume in all of Star Wars.

Jeremy Bulloch: I too was very upset by Boba's early demise in ROTJ.But think of how Boba is having a good time in the Sarlaac pit
Thanks for the question

Arlington, Va.: Did you feel constrained as an actor by having to wear a mask? Were there any techniques that you used to compensate for the lack of facial expressions in your scenes?

Jeremy Bulloch: I didn't feel restrained as the costume was very cool.I used the costume to portray the characters menace.It was great fun and I was very lucky to get the part

Washington, D.C.: I'm fascinated by what it must be like to be part of a cultural phenomenon like "Star Wars." Do you own any Boba Fett action figures? Do you appear at conventions? Are you able to find personally-rewarding acting work outside of the "Star Wars" movies?

Jeremy Bulloch: I love the toys of Boba Fett and have quite a collection and i have attended many conventions.I have been an actor for 47 years and have done a lot of work apart from Star Wars.Thanks for the question.

McLean, Va.: I think part of Boba Fett's appeal is that he's one of the few characters who has the respect of Darth Vader and Jabba the Hutt. Why do you think Boba Fett is such a popular character with such a small role?

Jeremy Bulloch: Hi There
You have answered your own question in that although the part of Boba Fett was small he has an enormous amount of respect from the likes of Darth Vader and Jabba

Alexandria, Va.: First, let me say that I'm honored to be speaking to a galactic badass such as you. Now to my question: Contrary to popular belief, Boba Fett doesn't actually die when he falls into the Sarlacc's mouth in ROTJ. He was slowly digested and driven partially insane by the Sarlacc before escaping. If some of the later stories were made into movies or even short films, would you be interested in reprising your role as Boba?

Jeremy Bulloch: If I was asked to reprise the role of Boba of course I would say yes as I felt that I had not really got into the part.It would be wonderful to put the outfit on again and kick some ass

washingtonpost.com: Mr. Bulloch got a bit of a head start and will resume answering questions around 4 p.m. or shortly thereafter. Feel free to continue submitting questions in the meantime. Boba will be back shortly.

washingtonpost.com: Mr. Bulloch should be with us again momentarily. We apologize for the delay. Thanks for your patience.

Oakland, Calif.: You are hands down my favorite SW character. However, I understand that John Fass Morton actually has Boba's best line in the series, "He's no good to me dead." Apparently another acting job took you away from the set for awhile. What was the job and, more importantly, what were you thinking?

Jeremy Bulloch: Hi there
i was working in the theatre as well as filming during the day so John Morton stood in for me in the scene." he's no good to me Dead" was such a good line wasn't it.
Good question Thanks

Philadelphia, Pa.: How did you get the part of Boba Fett? Was it an audition, or were you approached to play the role, or how did it come about?

Jeremy Bulloch: I got the part by pure luck.My half brother was associate producer on the films and told me to talk to my agent about interviews taking place to cast bounty hunters.I went to meet Gary Kurtz and I was lucky that the suit fitted.It was as simple as that

Maryland: What other roles have you had? How do they compare to Boba Fett?

Jeremy Bulloch: I have had many roles over the last 47 years and some of them were very meaty especially the theatre roles.The more variety you do the better.In some ways nothing compares with Boba Fett but in pure acting the theatre parts I have had wre memorable

Gaithersburg, Md.: Does having Boba Fett on your resume attract additional attention from casting managers?

Jeremy Bulloch: In London where I live casting directors take no notice of my involvement in Star Wars. They look to you knowing you are either right or wrong for a part

Washington, D.C.: As a clone, can Boba Fett have offspring? Or is this the end of the Fett line?

Jeremy Bulloch: Hi there
Good question.Yes Boba can have offspring as he is a super clone therefore he grows naturally and he is virtually a human being

Arlington, Va.: So do you ever get to wear the costume out, say on Halloween, or does Mr. Lucas keep them under lock and key?

Jeremy Bulloch: I wore the costume last year for "Make a Wish foundation"to raise money.It was fun to get back in the costume but I don't think I will ever wear it for Halloween.The original costume is under lock and key I think

GO TO THE WASHINGTONPOST.COM FRONT PAGE IF YOU WANNA SUBMIT A QUESTION

Alice

Sweet!  Thanks!

(I got a kiss on the cheek from Mr. Bulloch.  He said I had the kindest eyes he'd ever seen. :))

Beefy

His action figure jetpack should have fired the effing missile.

cnamon

Quote from: Beef on May 17, 2005, 04:04:26 PM
You should let him know this.

Alice

My 12 inch does.  ;D

Bishamonten

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 17, 2005, 04:08:04 PM

My 12 inch does.  ;D

open door fellas... come on in.

Bennyhana

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 17, 2005, 04:02:36 PM
Sweet!  Thanks!

(I got a kiss on the cheek from Mr. Bulloch.  He said I had the kindest eyes he'd ever seen. :))

I wonder if he would've slipped you the tongue if you showed him your boobies.  You have kind boobies.

cnamon

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 17, 2005, 04:10:44 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 17, 2005, 04:08:04 PM

My 12 inch does.  ;D

open door fellas... come on in.
I would be all over something like that, but I am not going down that road.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 17, 2005, 04:12:48 PM
Sweet!  Thanks!

I wonder if he would've slipped you the tongue if you showed him your boobies.  You have kind boobies.

You've rendered me speechless.

Bennyhana

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 17, 2005, 04:14:38 PM
Sweet!  Thanks!

Well, They've never done me any harm.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 17, 2005, 04:15:56 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 17, 2005, 04:14:38 PM
Sweet!  Thanks!

Well, They've never done me any harm.

Except for that one time they put the DeCon in your chowder.   :-\

Bennyhana

Now THAT was funny.

+1

As if I eat friggin chowder.  They'll have to do better next time.  They should know, though, that I've learned to spot the little pellets on pizza.