News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

Well, my computer finally committed suicide...again

Started by ignom, April 14, 2005, 08:05:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignom

It worked when I got home. After I took a shower, it was DOA. It wouldn't start up, and the hard drive started making beeping noises, which it did last time I had to take it to the shop (and I had to get a new hard drive).

I ran disk repair, and it said the hard drive was OK. It still wouldn't start up. And it kept making beeping noises.

I erased the hard drive and tried to reinstall OS X, but it only made it halfway. When I tried to do it again, even the CD I was was freezing up. The whole time I was trying to reinstall, it was making those beeping noises.

I'm taking it to the shop today. This means that in the two iBooks I've had, I've gone through six hard drives. That's just not right.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

ReBurn

Are you the only person that has trouble with macs?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

shitty. Is work gonna let you use a loaner again?

ignom

Quote from: eo000 on April 14, 2005, 08:07:01 AM
shitty. Is work gonna let you use a loaner again?

No, the computer I had last time is being used by someone else.

Infobahn

ignom

I don't want to go home. At least you all can spend the rest of the night making fun of me.

eo000

Jessie

I hope they fix it right this time. 

Imagine all the reading that will be here waiting in the morning.

Speaking of that, I think I'm going to work non-stop for two hours tomorrow.  That's my plan.  8-10 is work time for me tomorrow.  We'll see how that works out.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

Quote from: jessie on April 14, 2005, 04:58:16 PM

Speaking of that, I think I'm going to work non-stop for two hours tomorrow.  That's my plan.  8-10 is work time for me tomorrow.  We'll see how that works out.
Are you mad woman??

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on April 14, 2005, 04:58:55 PM
Quote from: jessie on April 14, 2005, 04:58:16 PM

Are you mad woman??

A little, and I am also a little behind.  I've got to get this month's taxes done.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. SM Holocaust

Quote from: ignom on April 14, 2005, 04:30:08 PM
I don't want to go home. At least you all can spend the rest of the night making fun of me.

A decent Dell is ridiculously inexpensive these days.

Infobahn

Yet, I always want the pumped up Dell Mac.

nallen

Damn that's odd.   I've had 2 iBooks, a G3 iMac, a G4 iMac, and now I have a PowerBook, all of them have never had a hard drive go bad.   One of the iBooks even survived my lab fire.   Crazy.    Which kind of iBook is it?
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

ReBurn

The kind that breaks every time you throw a quarter at it.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ignom on April 14, 2005, 04:30:08 PM
At least you all can spend the rest of the night making fun of me.

What's wrong with you people?  Hurry up and start making fun of ignom before he gets himself to a working computer!

ignom

Oh, glorious internets, humbly I return to you.

ignom

Quote from: nallen on April 14, 2005, 07:43:54 PM
Damn that's odd.   I've had 2 iBooks, a G3 iMac, a G4 iMac, and now I have a PowerBook, all of them have never had a hard drive go bad.   One of the iBooks even survived my lab fire.   Crazy.    Which kind of iBook is it?

My old one was a G3 iBook, this one is a G4. I haven't even had it a year yet.

nishi

i would start writing some letters - first, to the management of the place where you're getting these and having them repaired. after that, i'd start working my way up in the mac universe.

letters are much more powerful than phone calls. and as far as legitimate complaints are concerned, emails are useless.

but this should not be happening. especially when they're doing the repairs.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

ignom

Well, ok, if you really want to, you can start writing letters.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ignom

The guy from CompUSA called and left a message saying that Apple sent back the computer without even looking at the hard drive, and they said the ethernet something was broken. WTF? I didn't take it to the shop because I was having problems with the ethernet.

The guy said he sent it back saying to fix the hard drive.

It's been two weeks already, and they didn't even attempt fixing my computer. Now I have to wait god knows how long for them to fix a problem they didn't even look at before, and which they didn't fix properly three months ago.

And the ethernet better damn well work when I get my computer back.

I think it's time to put the Automatic Complaint Letter Generator to good use.

Beefy

ignom

I'm using my dad's old compaq, to which nallen graciously supplied a copy of Win2K.

kelbel

I have had a new computer sitting on my desk for at least two months now waiting to get hooked up. My old one is suppose to just be for posting and my new one for doing my daily duties. By the time they hook it up it will be obsolete. They f*cked up the cables on this last call. It should of been a USB cable and it was not.

Good luck to you IGGY.
:)

nishi

Quote from: ignom on April 15, 2005, 08:28:21 AM
Well, ok, if you really want to, you can start writing letters.

give me a brief point by point history of this piece of shit they have sold you and i'll write your letter. gleefully. i live for this kind of thing. my raison d'etre.....
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.