News:

10/13/05 ReBurn nails the 90,000th post with a bullet! And what a bullet it was.

Main Menu

So, we all already know I'm dumb

Started by Jessie, January 21, 2008, 11:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Someone gave me an MP3 player like this one:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/27831496?store=1

It's supposed to have random playback, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it do that. 

Any ideas?  It didn't have a manual with it, so I can't use that.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dc

Quote from: Jessie on January 21, 2008, 11:39:31 PM
Someone gave me an MP3 player like this one:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/27831496?store=1

It's supposed to have random playback, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it do that. 

Any ideas?  It didn't have a manual with it, so I can't use that.

Looks like an iPod shuffle to me -- http://manuals.apple.com/manualsList?config=VTE&model=iPod+shuffle+Manuals

Jessie

Gamplayerx

There's a little switch - change it from the looks like a race track to looks like a smooshed x setting.

Bennyhana

I thought apple products were supposed to be so intuitive.

Jessie

It's not an apple product.  It's a knockoff that looks like an ipod shuffle.  The only switch is the on/off switch.

Gamplayerx

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on January 22, 2008, 09:35:21 AM
It's not an apple product.  It's a knockoff that looks like an ipod shuffle.  The only switch is the on/off switch.

Do you know how to make it repeat?  It looks from the product description that random is the last setting of the repeat mode.

That also looks like it looks TOO much like an iPod shuffle.  Like, illegally too much.

Jessie

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 22, 2008, 09:55:00 AM

Do you know how to make it repeat?  It looks from the product description that random is the last setting of the repeat mode.

That also looks like it looks TOO much like an iPod shuffle.  Like, illegally too much.
I don't know how to make it do anything other than play and turn up and down.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on January 22, 2008, 10:37:15 AM

Do you know what brand it is?  That may help.

Jessie

Quote from: Alice on January 22, 2008, 10:39:53 AM
Quote from: Jessie on January 22, 2008, 10:37:15 AM

Do you know what brand it is?  That may help.
No.  It has no brand.

There are no markings on it at all, save for a sticker with what I assume is a serial number of sorts (MP4-200722725).

It's some sort of very cheap knockoff thing.  Even the packaging it came in was very, very generic.

Gamplayerx

If it doesn't have a separate switch for shuffling, I'd say it probably doesn't shuffle.  Which is kind of ironic, considering they're calling it a shuffle.

eo000

have you tried just tapping the on/off button?

Bennyhana

You could also try holding two buttons at once.  Maybe the track forward and backward buttons.

Dry then Catch

or holding the forward button extra long

try asking the seller

stick it in your cooch

Jessie

I've tried many varied button pushing methods to no avail yet.

There is no seller.  It was given to me by someone who had it given to them by someone who had it donated to them.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on January 22, 2008, 05:03:59 PM
I've tried many varied button pushing methods to no avail yet.

There is no seller.  It was given to me by someone who had it given to them by someone who had it donated to them.

It's possible that it really doesn't do what it says.  it's not like a company that would copy electronics that closely has any scruples when it comes to listing features.

That said, I'd probably rather have one of those than an ipod shuffle.

Dry then Catch