News:

I know Karate! ...and several other Japanese words

Main Menu

Latest casualty: Reunion

Started by Listener, December 02, 2005, 06:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

I'm not surprised it got cancelled.  SOMETHING had to give on Fox in order to properly fit in all the American Idol (five more seasons!  I swear I wanted to beat the crap out of someone when I heard that!) that is coming this spring.

Fox is scared to let something develop slowly, as Reunion did.  Yeah, it had its problems, but it was probably about to get a lot better a lot quicker.  I think they should've done it more like the Lifetime show "Any Day Now" (don't laugh), where the bulk of the action takes place in the present but up to 50% of the episode revolves around a specific moment in the history of Annie Potts and the black woman (I forget her name).  Also, Sean Faris does not make up well as a 36-year-old; that didn't help.

The only network that gives crap even less of a chance than Fox is ABC.  A couple of years ago they cancelled two shows after two episodes apiece.

It sucks because Fox gets some of the best pilots.  Then they go and cancel the shows.

dazie

Which network had the show "M.D.s" a few years back?  That was a great show cut down in its prime.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

At least nobody's canceled Rodney yet.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

I've been really liking Reunion.

eo000