News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

THAW "question"

Started by Listener, November 15, 2005, 03:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Last night I was stuck on a very difficult challenge on Tony Hawk's American Wasteland:  manual through 24 sets of cones without jumping or using any other tricks.  I tried it about 200 times, but couldn't do it, not with high speed, not with special, not with anything.

So I went online and tried to find a tip.

Found this:

"i cant believe u all im 11 yrs old n i beat this in 10 hrs u all suck!!!!11one"

Several similar responses later, a person wrote in normal speech the tip to get past the challenge.  I employed the tip, and five tries later, I had it.

Just because I'm in my late 20s doesn't mean I don't like to play video games.  And teenagers need to learn how to type and speak normally.

(PS:  hold down your "jump" button; on the PS2, it's X)

eo000

i had the same problem with the skidding manuever thing. the jump button was the answer for that too.

cnamon

You should thaw frozen items in the fridge.  If you are running short on time, use the defroster feature on your microwave.

Listener

Quote from: eo000 on November 15, 2005, 04:00:52 PM
i had the same problem with the skidding manuever thing. the jump button was the answer for that too.

I totally didn't even think of that.

The ability to do the Bert Slide screws me up when trying to get off the board... it's almost impossible to get off unless you're doing it in midair.  I've lost a bunch of combos because of that.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Dots on November 15, 2005, 04:02:43 PM
You should thaw frozen items in the fridge.  If you are running short on time, use the defroster feature on your microwave.
I like you so much.