News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Lady in the Water

Started by swolt, July 22, 2006, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swolt

tonight I went to see Clerks 2. But it was sold out. All my friends ended up leaving, but I thought "damnit I'm here, I'll see Lady in the Water alone."

Am I ever glad I did.

I think Shyamalan is a fantastic story teller, and he used all his art in this movie.

And yeah, the dog/wolf thing from the previews? Freaked me the fuck out.

As much I as I enjoyed this movie, I don't know if I would recommend it. Several people in front of me leaving the theatre were talking about how bad it sucked.
I also liked The Villiage and Signs, so if you didn't like those movies stay away from this one. But if you liked his other movies, I think you'll like it as much as I did.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Beefy

The last of his films I liked was Unbreakable.  Signs had a few good moments, but was ultimately poorly written.  I guessed The Village's twist from the trailer.  No $$$ from me again.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on July 22, 2006, 12:54:39 AM
The last of his films I liked was Unbreakable.  Signs had a few good moments, but was ultimately poorly written.  I guessed The Village's twist from the trailer.  No $$$ from me again.

this isn't a "twist" movie like sixth sense, unbreakable, and the village. The plot is straightforward and told very well. The characters are written very well. Paul Giamatti is awesome.
And I think I'm in love with Bryce Howard.

Jessie

Quote from: swolt on July 22, 2006, 12:58:31 AM

this isn't a "twist" movie like sixth sense, unbreakable, and the village. The plot is straightforward and told very well. The characters are written very well. Paul Giamatti is awesome.

Bryce Howard is beautiful, I think.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

swolt

Quote from: jessie on July 22, 2006, 01:08:54 AM
Quote from: swolt on July 22, 2006, 12:58:31 AM

Bryce Howard is beautiful, I think.
YOU GAVE AWAY THE SPOILER!

Listener

I would've told my friends "let's go get some food and come back in two hours and see clerks 2".  It was good.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on July 22, 2006, 10:41:13 AM
I would've told my friends "let's go get some food and come back in two hours and see clerks 2".  It was good.

we went to see the 10:30 showing, the last for the night. I'm gonna see it today.

DownSouth

I loved Signs.  I'm an alien geek though.  Me and my fiancee were Sightings geeks.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!