News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

DS Lite + the game that started it all.

Started by Bishamonten, June 12, 2006, 01:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

I've been slavering for the DS Lite to come out since it was announced in Japan.  I got mine yesterday and I've been playing it consistently ever since.  I stopped by the used game store and saw something that made my pants tighten up.  The original NES Metroid in Game Boy Advanced format( the DS has a GBA slot ).  Metroid is the game that started it all for me.  My brother and I got a NES when we were kids and of course had the Super Mario Bros, but Metroid was the game that really got me perked up about gaming.  My cell phone ring tone? The Metroid intro theme.  New Voicemail?   The metroid level arrival tune.  New Text Message?  The metroid "new item" tune.  Now, I have it, in portable format... heaven.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Listener

Metroid was DIFFICULT.

Metroid 2 (for the original Game Boy) was also extremely difficult, but it was at least winnable.  I never managed to beat Metroid 1.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on June 12, 2006, 02:02:57 PM
Metroid was DIFFICULT.

Metroid 2 (for the original Game Boy) was also extremely difficult, but it was at least winnable.  I never managed to beat Metroid 1.

I can't tell you how many hours I spent playing Metroid. Until my fingers bled, at least. I did finally beat it, and let me tell you how pissed I was that Samus was a girl. At that time in my life all girls were stuipid and had cooties. And here I had played one, hour upon hour.

meredith

i loved the feel of metroid 2.  except that there was lots of map recycling and it was so easy to get lost.

i still need to play metroid prime 2

Bishamonten

I've yet to play Metroid Prime: Echos as well.  Metroid Prime was fun. 

The original NES Metroid is a hard game to beat, and that was one of the draws to it.  It wasn't just button pushing and easy answers.  I dug that.

Gamplayerx

I still don't get what this has to do with DownSouth.

DownSouth

I own Metroid on Game Cube if that helps.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

swolt

Quote from: swolt on June 12, 2006, 01:42:43 PM
Justin Bailey

did no one get that?

If you enter Justin Bailey in the code screen you get all the cool stuff. Plus I think Samus has her helment off.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on June 12, 2006, 02:02:57 PM
Metroid was DIFFICULT.

the trick to beating Metroid 1 is go back and get the freeze gun, plus like 1000 missles. It's way to hard to kill the metroids with the wave gun, so you just freeze them and move on and kill Mother Brain with the missles.

meredith

i think it was understood but nobody responded to it

JUSTIN BAILEY
______ ______