News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

ER: The Crash

Started by Listener, December 08, 2005, 12:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Is anyone else getting tired of the "disaster-of-the-season" episodes of ER?  I just watched my tape of the plane crash episode (three weeks ago, so I'm not doing spoiler smallage), and I have to say they saved a lot of money by making the planes crash off in the distance behind Pratt, almost so's that you'd miss it.

It was obviously a Neela episode, and to a lesser extent a Kovac/Abby episode.  But using a huge disaster to move the overall plot along isn't really doing it for me anymore, especially since they've been doing it for the past ten years or so.  The thing is, they've already recycled the storylines three times.  You can actually see where the new characters are slipping into old roles.

I'm just waiting for something to happen to Morris.  He's sort of like Dr Korev on Gray's Anatomy, except without the charm.  I would be moderately unhappy if something bad happened to Korev, but Morris?   You can have him.

cnamon

I stopped watching ER.  I used to love it, but it got really tired.

Grey's is where it's at.

Listener

I like G.A. well enough, but I've been watching ER so long it's like an institution.

I miss Chicago Hope.

Beefy

Anthony Edwards was still a main character the last time I watched E.R.

ignom

When it comes to doctor shows, the only one worth watching is Scrubs.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

cnamon

Quote from: Beefy on December 08, 2005, 12:32:58 PM
He died...some weird brain thing.

I love me some Scrubs, too.

Bennyhana

I think E.R. Jumped the shark when Tony Kukoc became a cast member.  You know they'll finally get cancelled when dennis rodman replaces kubiak at the desk.

Listener

Quote from: cnamon on December 08, 2005, 12:34:24 PM
Quote from: Beefy on December 08, 2005, 12:32:58 PM
He died...some weird brain thing.

I love me some Scrubs, too.

I don't watch sitcoms, so no Scrubs for me.

It's funny, they make a huge fuss about sex and bad language on network TV, and when Mark Harmon said "shit happens" on Chicago Hope, it made national news, but in the ep where Mark (Anthony Edwards) died, when he realized he couldn't even get up off the floor when he fell and he yelled "Shit!", no one said a word against it.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

I would have watched ER last night if I hadn't fallen asleep at 7:30.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

That show is still on?  I fell asleep at 7:30 last night, too.  But I wouldn't have watched ER had I been awake.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!